Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kite kite kite!






Bear with me as I try to make a long story short! So I was wanting to surprise Jason with a gift for his promotion to Major. It was on my mind when he mentioned a pilot friend selling his kiteboard. My original instinct was to say "Oh no, that is way too dangerous" as he had not so long ago shown me a YouTube video of some poor kiteboarding person being carried up over 10 stories high. He reassured me that IF he was to ever kiteboard he would never attempt it in high winds. So, the wheels in my head starting turning, and before long I put the plans in place for the kite to show up on Jason's desk. When he saw it at work, he couldn't have been more surprised since I had convinced him I was totally against the whole deal. So, come to find out Destin has some perfect kiteboarding beaches. Jason is doing a great job learning the complicated and physically challenging process of kiteboarding. I meanwhile have been bundling up and learning to keep upwind from the immense kite!

2 comments:

Kels and Eric said...

Jason looks so happy with his kite. It's so cool!

Hannah said...

Awww - Cortney! I was so happy to see you have a blog, but so sad to see it hasn't been updated in a while! Love you, hot mama...will you be in Mac for our reunion? I miss you. :)